Support For Sexually Abused Women and Youth Survivors
Women experience violence in many ways, from physical and emotional abuse to sexual harassment. Whatever form it takes, violence against women can have serious long-term physical and emotional effects. Violence against women and girls is a global pandemic that affects 1 in 3 women, with severe consequences.
Given the devastating effect violence has on women, efforts have mainly focused on responses and services for survivors. Women Rising Above Abuse (WRAA) provides support for sexually abused women and youth survivors. We empower, strength, and uplift the victims of domestic violence so that they can lead a normal life with hope, purpose and faith.
We provide support to survivors in the form of journalizing, mentorship, counseling, and workshops. Our main motive is to help domestic abuse victims overcome their past and take a step forward to lead an independent life of happiness. We assure you that we will keep all your talks completely confidential.
What Can You Expect When Seeking Our Support Services?
Being a women and youth empowerment group, we help victims who have experienced domestic violence by providing them the suitable medical treatment and social support in the forms of one-on-one and group therapy. We address their physical and emotional trauma and ultimately help them leave an abusive relationship.
- WRAA’s Support Line is staffed by highly professional trained volunteers and counselors. They all have years of experience in speaking and dealing with survivors in a range of settings.
- We offer supportive and non-judgmental listening over telephonic calls when you contact us seeking help. Regardless of what questions you may have, however painful your memories may feel, or whatever it is you need to share your abuse history, we are all here to support you.
- We can also provide information to all those who have questions regarding the impact of abuse, common mechanisms, and the different ways in which healing and recovery can be achieved in the time frame. We help women and girls come to terms with their past abuse and move forward to a life of redemption.
- Our main aim is to encourage and empower survivors to take control of their healing and recovery. We guide women through abusive situations. We provide tools and connect our women and girls to the right people for the best personal outcome. We do this by offering empathy, validation, normalization, understanding, and care.
- We also organize workshops and other events and programs that benefit each one of our women and girls from the donations we receive.
Our solution starts with seeking “Help”. We aim to respond to all emails as promptly as possible, it may take several days at busy times. Get in touch with us today @ https://womenrisingaboveabuse.org/contacts/.